June 21 is World Music Day, and Twitter is bringing back its #TweetYourMusic campaign to highlight local musicians and music communities across Southeast Asia.
The music community of music lovers alone contributed to 4.3 billion conversations on Twitter from June 2021 through May 2022 across the region—with the most conversations coming from Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand.
In the Philippines, there were almost 1.4 billions tweets around music, as Filipinos enjoy jamming to hits like “Stay” (The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber) and “Zoom” (Jessi). P-pop boy group SB19 also stayed at the top and Donny Pangilinan continues to set the trend.
The past year has also been busy for Filipino singer-songwriter and producer Zack Tabudlo for releasing hit songs like “Pano,” “Asan Ka Na Ba,” and “Habang Buhay.” Ben&Ben was also busy doing collaborations with different local artists and bands like Munimuni, Zild Benitez, and Moira Dela Torre, among others, aside from releasing their album Pebble House, Vol. 1: Kuwaderno.
#Kpop continued to be the all-time music genre that generated the most chatter on Twitter, with BTS, Enhypen, and Blackpink being the top three. BTS takes the spot in the top music-related handles in the Philippines.
#TweetYourMusic will celebrate local musicians, their journey, and the fans that support them with a series of fun and creative activities on Twitter. Across Southeast Asia, different fan bases will have the opportunity to participate in daily music trivia through Twitter Polls, and get to hear some of their local musicians’ journeys and inspirations live on Twitter Spaces:
- 22 June 2022, 11:30 a.m. PHT: #TweetYourMusic Twitter Spaces session with Ben&Ben (@BenAndBenMusic).
- 23 June 2022, 7:00 p.m. PHT: Hosted by Warner Music PH (@WarnerMusicPH) with Hannah Bacani (@HannahBacani), Paul Pablo (@itspaulpablo), Jikamarie (@jikamarie), Jrldam (@jrldm008) about the latest happenings in Filipino music.
- 23 June 2022, 6:30 p.m. PHT: #TweetYourMusic Twitter Spaces session with Ace Banzuelo (@acebanzuelo)
- 24 June 2022, 8:00 p.m. PHT: Matthaios (@Matthaios), mrld (@thisismrld), and Dane Aguirre (@danejeshorun) to have a casual conversation with other amazing music creators on Twitter from the music community and fans to inspire and spark conversations.
- 24 June 2022, 6:30 p.m. PHT: #TweetYourMusic Twitter Spaces session with Raven (@ravenmusicph)