Netflix is bring Squid Game to life as it recently gave the green light for a reality TV competition based on the phenomenal series.
Squid Game: The Challenge will see 456 players compete for the $4.56 million prize money. It will be the largest cast in reality TV history and the competition.
The players will compete through a series of games inspired by the original show. To spice things up, there will be “surprising new additions,” according to Netflix.
Oh, and don’t worry—you’re safe here. The stakes may be high but “the worst fate is going home empty-handed.”
Recruitment is open now at SquidGameCasting.com. For this round, the Front Man is in search of English-language speakers from any part of the world.
Watch the announcement here:
How to join
Make sure you meet the requirements before you apply:
- You are, or will be at least 21 years old at the time of application
- You have the right to legally reside in the UK/US (UK and US applicants only)
- You must be available to take part in the competition for up to four weeks, expected to be at the beginning of 2023
- You hold a valid passport for the duration of filming and have the right to and be able to travel
- You must not be employed or engaged, or a relative of an employee or someone engaged with the All3 Media Group and/or Netflix.
If you meet all of the requirements, you’ll then need to fill in the form which asks for the following:
- Full name
- Mobile phone
- Date of birth
- County/State (US and UK applicants only)
- Country (Global applicants)
You’ll also need to submit a one-minute video that tells the casting team about yourself, why you want to be on Squid Game: The Challenge, what your game plan would be ,and what you would do with the money if you won.
Lastly, you’ll need to upload at least two pictures of yourself: one headshot and one full length. You may submit an additional three photos if you want to. That’s it! All you need to do now is wait if you get the green light to run (for your life and toward victory).
The 10-episode competition series is a co-production between Studio Lambert (The Circle) and The Garden (24 Hours in A&E), part of ITV Studios, and it will be filmed in the UK. Stephen Lambert, Tim Harcourt, and Toni Ireland from Studio Lambert and John Hay, Nicola Hill, and Nicola Brown from The Garden will serve as executive producers.
On June 12, Squid Game was officially renewed for season 2 as Netflix and Director Hwang confirmed they will once again team up for a whole new round.