Users of the digital wallet Pitaka can now purchase cryptocurrencies directly with Philippine Peso and pay using their debit cards, credit cards, GCash, Maya, GrabPay, and ShopeePay within the app.
Tetrix, the Filipino-led web3 company behind the digital wallet, has announced its partnership with Transak as its fiat on-ramp support.
Pitaka is a self-custodial digital wallet that allows users to store their crypto assets and interact with NFT marketplaces, play and earn games, decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), and decentralized finance (DeFi) applications. With Transak’s integration, users do not have to switch to another service and go through many intermediate steps to buy crypto.
Transak is a web3 onboarding infrastructure provider that enables applications to accept fiat-to-crypto deposits from a global user base.
“Transak is a trusted and reliable provider of fiat on-ramp services with a track record of successful partnerships with leading cryptocurrency companies. The integration of Transak’s fiat on-ramp is a key step in Pitaka’s mission to make it easy for users to buy, sell, and use cryptocurrencies,” said Ralph Acabado, Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Tetrix.
How to use Transak within Pitaka
To add crypto to your Pitaka with Transak:
- Login into the Mobile Pitaka App.
- Navigate to the “Buy” section of the Pitaka platform.
- Select the cryptocurrency that you want to purchase and enter the amount that you want to buy.
- Follow the prompts to complete the Transak payment process. This may include entering your personal and financial information, as well as any additional security measures required by Transak.
- Once the payment has been completed and verified, the purchased cryptocurrency will be credited to your Pitaka account.
Custom wallet address names
To make crypto transactions simpler and more intuitive, Tetrix has also teamed up with NFT domain provider Unstoppable Domains to give users a new feature where they can use human-readable domain names when buying or sending crypto assets.
Instead of having to share a long and confusing wallet address, Pitaka users can purchase crypto wallet address names provided by Unstoppable Domains and use them to send and receive crypto or other digital assets.