No need to line up and buy your ticket when you ride the LRT-1. With the new LRT-1 QR ticketing system, you can now purchase your tickets through the Maya app and just scan to ride.
Maya and LRT-1 private operator Light Rail Manila Corporation (LRMC) launched this groundbreaking milestone in the modernization of railway transportation in the country.
Commuters can easily purchase their single-journey LRT-1 QR ticket using the Maya app and scan the generated QR ticket at the dedicated “Fast Lane” turnstiles located at all LRT-1 stations from Baclaran to Monumento, as well as the north line extension, which includes Balintawak and Roosevelt stations along EDSA.
Here’s how to buy your LRT-1 QR ticket:
- Open your Maya app and navigate to the Services section.
- Select the LRT-1 tile under the Lifestyle category.
- Choose your desired route (Northbound or Southbound) and set both the origin and destination.
- Click on Pay Now. Your QR ticket will be instantly generated.
- Scan your QR ticket using the turnstile QR scanners at LRT-1 stations.
To encourage commuters, Maya is offering one free LRT-1 ride per month per customer in the form of cashback vouchers. Passengers simply need to purchase their QR tickets within the Maya app to enjoy this exclusive benefit. This promo runs until August 31.
LRT-1 QR Tickets powered by Beep may also be purchased through LRMC’s ikotMNL app, a first-of-its-kind in the Philippine railway industry that empowers commuters with better access to train information. Through Maya Business, Maya also enables the ikotMNL to accept digital payments from Maya, other e-wallets, banks, credit, debit, prepaid card, and soon, QR PH.