- May 29, 2023
The festive holiday shopping season is already in full swing and FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. and one of the world’s largest transportation companies, is going all-in to help you spread joy at this special time of the year.
E-commerce continues to grow its share of retail spending. According to FedEx research, 80% of consumers in the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region have increased their e-commerce spending in the last three years and over 70% think it will continue to grow in the next three years.
In the Philippines, online shopping sales continue to be higher than in-store purchases. Cross-border customers start shopping earlier and rely on instant business messaging and focus on brand value.
“With the holiday season upon us, we anticipate an increase in e-commerce sales. As an enabler of SMEs, FedEx is ready to support local e-tailers by providing the latest tools and solutions to optimize their processes, especially amid the peak season,” said Maribeth Espinosa, acting managing director at FedEx Express Philippines.
FedEx has flexible delivery options to give both businesses and consumers confidence through this busy season. These include:
- Competitive delivery speed and great value: FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) is an international e-commerce shipping service that combines competitive delivery speed with attractive prices ensuring most shipments will be delivered within 1 to 3 business days within AMEA. For those super urgent last-minute shipments FedEx International Priority Express is available providing delivery by 10:30 a.m. or noon for select markets in Asia, United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Convenience and control: FedEx Delivery Manager International gives consumers options on where and when their residential shipments are delivered. The service has recently been enhanced to include delivery notifications and personalized options now available on WhatsApp. The date and location of delivery can even be changed once the shipment is in progress so you can manage your deliveries when you are on the go.
- Peace of mind: All FedEx shipments are trackable, but the ultimate assurance comes with Picture Proof of Delivery, which provides customers with peace of mind when they receive a photo confirmation that their shipments have arrived at their door.
- Seamless integration: FedEx is integrating its services with e-commerce marketplaces to generate FedEx shipping labels and access features like Express Shipping Services and International Shipping Documentation Service, without leaving the platforms. Easy-to-use, friction-free services like these are important timesavers for e-commerce merchants during the holidays when order books are filling up. They also make a difference to end consumers in helping to ensure their expectations are met.
- Becoming more sustainable: FedEx is following a multi-track path to reduce carbon emissions in the delivery cycle with a goal of achieving carbon neutral global operations by 2040. This includes investing in electric vehicles for last mile deliveries, and enhancing digital solutions. Additionally, FedEx is implementing solutions like reusable packaging to help reduce waste in the shipping process.
So whether you’re managing your business or your kids‘ wish list, FedEx can be your reliable partner so you can shop and ship with confidence and spend more time with the people that matter.