The 2023 National Food Fair with the theme “Go Discover, Taste, Enjoy!” opened on July 12 at the Megatrade Halls of SM Megamall.
Organized by the Department of Trade and Industry-Bureau of Domestic Trade Promotion (BDTP) in coordination with the DTI Regional Operations Group, the fair features over 250 MSMEs from the country’s 17 regions exhibiting their products at the event venue.
Simultaneously, an online national food fair on the Lazada e-commerce platform is also offering the products of participating MSMEs.
The event showcases a fusion of tradition and innovation, with special settings, pavilions, and MSME clusters, including the following:
- Philippine Coconut Industry Pavilion and Coconut-Based MSME Cluster
- Philippine Food Industry Innovations Lounge
- Philippine Fruits and Nuts Pavilion
- Innovative and Biotech Products Cluster
- Rural Agro-Industrial Partnership for Inclusive Development and Growth (RAPID Growth) Project Pavilion
- Farm Fresh Produce Pavilion
- KAPEtirya or Philippine Coffee Pavilion
- Philippine Island Wine, Beer, and Juice Bar
Culinary enthusiasts can enjoy daily activities, including live cooking and food preparation demonstrations by renowned Filipino chefs. The lineup includes:
- The Ultimate Filipino Adobo: Stories Through the Ages book launching and cooking demonstrations (Chef Claude Tayag)
- Isang Dekada ng Guevarra’s: An Inspiring Story (Chef Laudico Guevarra)
- Fiesta Recipes (Chef Boy Logro)
- Halal Recipes and lavish feast during social occasions (Chef Yed Dimaporo & Mustapha Ala, Jr.)
- SIMPOL Recipes Using Coconut (Chef Tatung Sarthou)
- Culinary Kurobuta Masterpieces (Chef Donatello Montrone)
- Changing the Food Mindset: Slow Food (Chef Jam Melchor)
- Plant-based Desserts (Chef Aileen of Studio Plantmaed)
- Benefits of a Plant-based Diet (Chef Mylene Dolonius of Studio Plantmaed)
- Healthy Daily Recipes (Chef YLYT Frixiah Manaig)
- Magsaysay Center for Hospitality and Culinary Arts (Chef Eric Gruba)
- The Farm at San Benito (Rose Pagcaliwagan)
- Philippine Wine Mixology (Bartender Nino Cruz)
The culminating highlight of the event is an interactive cultural presentation of the BARMM Pagana Maguindanao, a traditional celebration that showcases the cultural heritage of the Maguindanaon people.
Additionally, the fair offers entrepreneurship talks and learning sessions covering various topics relevant to food entrepreneurs.
The daily program of activities is open to the public and is free of charge. For remote viewers, livestreams are available on BDTP social media channels.
The 2023 National Food Fair runs from July 12 to 16.