On December 27, 2022, PLDT wireless unit Smart launched its SIM Registration portal, allowing Smart and TNT customers to register their prepaid and postpaid SIMs as mandated by the SIM Registration Act.
For those who have yet to register, they can follow these three steps:
- Visit https://www.smart.com.ph/simreg
- Input your information and upload a valid ID
- Wait for an SMS confirmation and get 3GB free data
Smart’s SIM registration portal uses optical character recognition (OCR), the technology required by the law to efficiently gather and protect subscribers’ personal information throughout the process.
To make SIM registration more accessible, Smart says subscribers can register through these alternative channels:
- Smart Stores nationwide
- Smart Hotlines (call *888 via Smart/TNT mobile, or 8888-1111 via landline)
- Smart Facebook Messenger Chatbot
- Smart GigaLife App (downloadable on the App Store and Google Play Store)
On the other hand, in compliance with the law, Smart is making SIM Registration more convenient for postpaid subscribers, who simply need to confirm the personal information and IDs they submitted for their postpaid plan application. To do this confirmation, subscribers just need to text YES to 5858. They shall then receive a confirmation message from Smart upon successful SIM Registration.
As of January 5, 2023, 11:59 p.m., Smart has registered over 7 million Smart and TNT customers in the first 10 days of SIM registration.