This new entertainment platform blends traditional and digital content to Filipinos, making programs accessible to both television (via BEAM) and new media viewers (via the PIE website).
PIE allows viewers to watch shows, join all-day contests, build following, and even steer the storyline of a teleserye across multiple screens including TV sets, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
What’s on PIE?
- PIESILOG. Get ready to win the day as everyone’s favorite neighbor, “Mayora” Frances Cabatuando of Home Buddies Facebook community, brings you relevant information, inspiring stories, and positive energy every 7 a.m. at PIESILOG.
- BARANGAY PIE. Tune in to this noontime show during your lunch break and join the antics of “Ang Tito Mong Mayor” Mayor TV, “Ang Muse ng Barangay” Abby Trinidad, “Barangay Talak-Tokerist” Ruth Paga, “Sawsawera ng Barangay” Sunshine Teodoro, “Barangay Queen Sirena” Inah Evans, “Barangay Sexy-Tary” Patsy Reyes, and “Sizt-mosa ng Barangay” Coco Cordero.
- PIEGALINGAN. A different kind of talent variety show, PEIGALINGAN celebrates the uniqueness of contestants not usually highlighted on TV.
- PIENALO. PIE’s winning block offers an interactive experience wherever you may be in the Philippines, with numerous prizes at stake. Classic game show Pera o Bayong levels up on PIE with a new interactive format, with prizes given away every hour to viewers at home. On Palong Follow, viewers will work together to find the Philippines’ next big digital content creator.
- PIE Night Long. The program features modern Pinoy stories where you can share your views and feelings and be involved in the storytelling process. On UZI, the country’s first interactive teleserye, viewers have a say on what happens next and write the story together.
To celebrate the launch, PIE is giving away P10 million in cash prizes to viewers for three months, starting from its launch date.
The channel will also launch its official song and station ID on May 22, featuring artists KD Estrada, Alexa Ilacad, P-POP Girl Group BINI, Renee Dominique, and John Roa.
“Filipinos long for collective fun, and PIE hopes to fill that gap. On PIE, those who watch become not just viewers but a well-engaged community that plays an active role in storytelling, game shows, and talk shows. Whether on their TV sets, laptops, desktops, or mobile devices, PIE is accessible to Filipinos who want to try a new way to consume—and play with—the shows they love,” said KROMA Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Ian Monsod.
PIE brings together BEAM, 917Ventures, tradigital entertainment company KROMA, and the country’s leading storyteller and content creator ABS-CBN. It starts airing on May 23, from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily, accessible to 11 million digital TV households in Metro Manila, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Zamboanga, Naga, Baguio, and nearby provinces through partner station BEAM.