- March 24, 2023
Kia Philippines prides itself of offering a level of care through every step of a customer’s ownership journey—from purchasing to periodic maintenance and aftersales service.
Committed to further elevate the aftersales experience, Kia Philippines mounted the Kia National Skills Cup (KNSC) 2022, a nationwide competition that puts the skills of Kia’s service personnel to the test.
The rigorous competition included a theoretical skills test; a practical test; and an on-vehicle scenario-based test.
The winners from each category (Technician, Service Advisor, Service Manager, and Parts Personnel) advanced through the preliminary rounds throughout the year and faced off in the championship round held this month.
Here is the list of winners per category:
- Service Manager Program
- Nilo Mendoza of Kia San Pablo (Gold); Mark Anthony Campos of Kia Alabang (Silver); and Rodolfo Flores Jr. of Kia Pampanga (Bronze)
- Service Advisor Program
- Harniefer Cortez of Kia Cebu Mandaue (Gold); Djegwardly Camarao of Kia Isabela (Silver); James Kenneth Alegre of Kia New Manila (Bronze)
- Technician Recognition Program
- Algie Maynard Caingal of Kia Pangasinan (Gold); Reuben Germano of Kia Clark (Silver); and Roderick Dales of Kia Dumaguete (Bronze)
- Parts Recognition Program
- Abner Canlas of Kia Pampanga (Gold); Denee De Leon of Kia Alabang (Silver); and Andre Paulo Adante of Kia Fairview (Bronze)
The winners of KNSC 2022 will represent the Philippines in the Kia World Cup Competition 2023.
“Our technical team is worthy of recognition because of their hard work and skills,” said Kia Philippines President Manny Aligada. “This event is representative of the quality of work that happens behind the scenes whenever customers bring their vehicles in for work and service. We are indeed proud of the winners and are in awe of the technical proficiency they have showcased throughout this challenging competition.”
“This skills competition is very much like the Olympics,” says Kia Philippines Aftersales Director Rommel Ramos. “Our ultimate goal is to provide the best ownership experience to our customers, and we will do this by boosting our dealer’s confidence by giving them a stage to showcase their technical proficiency and expertise. With KNSC, it will be made known to all that our mastery is second to none.”
This year, Kia Motors Corporation Asia Pacific (KAPAC) recognized Kia Philippines for showing the biggest improvement in the Customer Satisfaction survey results conducted by KAPAC in the Asia Pacific Region for Aftersales Service.
In 2021, Kia Philippines also received the Global Technical Hotline (THL) Award (Champion). The Kia Philippines aftersales group bested all distributors and national sales companies of Kia worldwide.