Global cybersecurity company Kaspersky recently unveiled its Kaspersky Extended Detection and Response (XDR) platform, which aims to mitigate the costly threat of targeted ransomware for businesses in the Philippines.
Ransomware—the malware that locks a device or files—continues to evolve in quality and quantity. In 2022, Kaspersky noted the almost two-fold (181%) increase in ransomware encountered daily, which translates to 9,500 encrypting files per day globally.
For Southeast Asia, latest data from Kaspersky revealed Lockbit is the most prolific targeted ransomware, which attacked 115 unique businesses in the region. These enterprises are users of Kaspersky’s B2B solutions; hence these incidents were foiled.
Lockbit ransomware group, which is also a ransomware-as-a-service provider, have successfully victimized major companies globally and in SEA including a major IT service provider, a private school in Malaysia, and a food manufacturer in Singapore.
Kaspersky’s XDR promises adaptability for organizations of all shapes and sizes. This simple-to-use platform is also enriched with trustworthy threat intelligence data from KSN (Kaspersky Security Network) for better detection capabilities.
It is a multi-layered security technology platform in the form of solutions and cybersecurity experts’ services and uses a proactive approach of coordinating siloed security tools into a coherent, unified security threat detection, and response platform.
The many benefits of Kaspersky XDR for enterprises also include:
- Consolidating a large volume of alerts into a much smaller number of incidents that can be prioritized for manual investigation
- Providing integrated incident response options that provide sufficient context so that alerts can be resolved quickly
- Providing response options that extend beyond infrastructure control points, including network, cloud, and endpoints, to deliver comprehensive protection
- Automating repetitive tasks to improve productivity
- Providing a common management and workflow experience across security components, creating greater efficiency
The Kaspersky products and services that form its XDR are:
- Kaspersky EDR Optimum
- Kaspersky EDR Expert
- Kaspersky Anti-Targeted Attack Platform
- Kaspersky Managed Detection and Response
- Kaspersky Incident Response