- May 29, 2023
Spotify recently launched a new feature called Playlist in a Bottle, which lets you make a time capsule with at least three songs for your future self.
This interactive in-app experience captures who you are musically right now and then lets you revisit your 2023 musical self one year later. Fast-forward to January 2024, and you’ll find this playlist on your account as a treat from Spotify and your 2023 self.
Here’s how to make your Playlist in a Bottle:
- Make sure your Spotify mobile app is up to date with the latest version.
- Click spotify.com/playlistinabottle from your mobile device.
- Select your time capsule of choice—you can pick from a bottle, jean pocket, gumball machine, lunch box, or teddy bear.
- Answer a series of song-inspired prompts. For example:
- “A song you’re going to kiss someone to this year”
- “A song that reminds you of your favorite person”
- “A song you need to hear live in 2023”
- Digitally seal your musical time capsule and send it off!
- Share a personalized card to your social channels with the tag #PlaylistInABottle.
- Come January 2024, if you made a Playlist in a Bottle, you’ll receive your personalized time capsule reminding you what you were listening to one year prior.
Playlist in a Bottle is available in the Philippines for both Free and Premium users across iOS and Android devices. Spotify will seal the Playlist in a Bottle experience on January 31.