The Gokongwei Group has formally launched GoTyme, the country’s newest digital bank, in partnership with Singapore-based Tyme Group.
During the launch last October 20 in Makati City, Nate Clarke, GoTyme Bank President and CEO, shared how GoTyme Bank’s next-level banking experience will be able to address gaps in Filipino financial services.
“Every year millions of smart, employed Filipinos fall short of their potential because they do not have access to high-quality banking products. Through GoTyme Bank, we are here to unlock the financial potential of all Filipinos,” he said.
GoTyme offers a high-tech high-touch “phygital” model, which combines physical touchpoints—such as kiosks and bank ambassadors—with secure digital transactions to help more Filipinos reach their full financial potential.
GoTyme Bank clients can open an account in under five minutes through digital kiosks and receive their personal debit card. The GoTyme Bank debit card allows you to make transactions 24/7 from local and international ATMs, send money, pay for your purchases, and even save.
There are currently 15 GoTyme kiosks in Robinsons establishments, with a total of 226 units to be launched by the end of 2022.
How to open a GoTyme Bank account
As mentioned, opening an account with GoTyme Bank can be done in under five minutes. Plus, it’s paperless, too.
- Download the app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions. Register your full name, date of birth, residence, and nature of work.
- Scan your standard Philippine-issued ID. You will need one of the following:
- SSS ID
- Postal ID
- Driver’s license
- Voter’s ID
- PhilSys ID
- Scan your face to register an identity and match the features to the ID you uploaded.
- Once registered, you’ll gain access to a digital card. To get the physical debit card, you need to visit a GoTyme kiosk and print it.
As a GoTyme Bank customer, you may enjoy the following benefits:
- Shop and earn points on all your spend with your GoTyme debit card! Save more when you convert points to cash.
- Send money to your friends’ GoTyme accounts, or via Pesonet.
- Save and earn up to 3% interest. Create goals and monitor them with our savings tools.
- Buy load.